Campus News:

Welcome (Back) to Rutgers University.

"O My Lord increase me in knowledge" Quran.

Please feel free to get in touch with Muslim chaplaincy through facebook or email Br. Faraz: b u r r a a q @ r c i . r u t g e r s . e d u

Disclaimer: Comments in the blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Office of the Muslim Chaplain at Rutgers University. All comments/posts are owned by the respective author and may not be used outside of the blog without prior written consent of the author.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Promote Good!

HDP's Walk For Humanity
Come Support Research for Multiple Sclerosis!

Sunday, April 22, 2007
10:45am - 2:30pm
College Avenue, Rutgers Univ.

Mr. Faraz speaks out! (((5 min. audio)))

We had a mixed crowd of Jewish and Muslim students on the steps of Brower Commons to take part in HDP's Walk for Humanity. The weather was great and the participants were very cordial. Rabbi Esther Reed, Associate Director for Jewish Campus Life and I (Muslim Chaplain, Rutgers University) gave a brief lecture on coming together as children of Adam and working for common good.

The students were very helpful and jubilant (I think it was the sun energizing them). I hope and pray that in the future more Muslim students participate in these community events. I believe we (Muslims) are over dosed with lectures. We like to sit back, relax, while a speaker entertain us with his knowledge. Not much effort on our part! :)

I feel that we need to come out of the classroom. Life is experienced outside the lecture hall. Thus, I hope and pray that Muslims on campus can move the mission of the Prophet (s) forward. Please do your part and represent the Umma of the Prophet (s) in doing the good work.


You, my Love and you, my heart
How can we stay apart, when you are all I got.
(salah 'alan Nabi)

faraz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GET INVOLVED....
ISLAMIC RELIEF USA
www.irw.org

Calendar