Campus News:

Welcome (Back) to Rutgers University.

"O My Lord increase me in knowledge" Quran.

Please feel free to get in touch with Muslim chaplaincy through facebook or email Br. Faraz: b u r r a a q @ r c i . r u t g e r s . e d u

Disclaimer: Comments in the blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Office of the Muslim Chaplain at Rutgers University. All comments/posts are owned by the respective author and may not be used outside of the blog without prior written consent of the author.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What can I say!


Chacha OR ‘Ammu!

Bismillah, since Muslim Chaplaincy is in business to provide service to RU students, I would like to know your concerns. I think there’s a lot of positive energy on campus, just look at the names on QRG, lots of potential. The students have always helped out despite their busy academic schedule – alhamdo lillah.

Switching gears, last weekend, I spoke at TASMiNA, Sri Lankan Muslim community’s gathering on ‘Responsibilities of fatherhood. It was great to see the Sri Lankan Muslim community thriving in central Jersey. MashAllah, good people. BTW, in my talk I ended up touching upon inequality in Muslim household based on gender and the pathetic yet real deal forced marriages. Folks there’s lots of dirt under the carpet – lets clean it up, not hide it. Let me ask, do Muslim leaders/Imams talk about these social issues? I don’t know.
We (Dawud and I) are also involved with interfaith discussions and preparation with fellow ministers. Meanwhile, I am preparing for reading resource material for Quran Study Group. In addition, this weekend, I will be speaking at Noor-Ul-Iman School Eighth Grade Graduation Ceremony. It should be fun; I consider NUI kids to be my kids. As for my RU kids, they can call me chacha/’amu if they feel like it …lol.

‘araftum shalon / baat samajh mai ai

I just wanted to keep you guys in the loop, that’s all.

WasSalam,

Yours,
chacha

No comments:

Calendar